First you must register your Pharmacy/Site and Administrator:
Please note: make sure your pharmacy is distributing the Michigan version of Vaccine Information Statements (VIS) to your patients. For more information, and a link to the Michigan VIS’s please click here. http://www.mcir.org/VIS.html
Corporate Pharmacies (Busch's, Costco, Kroger, Meijer, Rite Aid, Spartan, Target, and Walgreens):
- Contact your corporate office if you need to update your MCIR Site Administrator or User list. The corporate office works directly with the State MCIR Helpdesk regarding enrollment of new pharmacy stores.
- If you are the corporate pharmacy contact, please utilize this spreadsheet to update store information. Send the updated spreadsheet to email@example.com.
- If uploading data files for MCIR reporting, please visit the Provider Transfer Information (EXT Format) page for more information.
- General Immunizing Pharmacy Instructions (June 2011)
- Site Administrator Instructions (Adding and removing user from your site) (June 2011)
- Registration: A Four-Step Process (October 2009)
- Online Training: including Site Administration, User Registration, and finding patients in MCIR (Add/Find Person)
Pharmacies are not required to use the vaccine inventory function of MCIR unless directed by their corporate office. Pharmacies using the MCIR Vaccine Inventory Module (VIM) to account for their private pay vaccines: click here for MCIR VIM Information.